Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Morning

There have been some things since we moved to New Mexico that absolutely drive me crazy. As relaxed as I like to think that I am, there are some things that I just can't get my east coast head wrapped around. But a nice Saturday morning bike ride with the family to the grower's market at Los Ranchos. Different Story. 
My bike had a popped tire, so I hopped on my mom's old bike from when she was a kid. I'm guessing this was circa the late 1950s?? They don't make them like this anymore. And by that I mean, weighing 500lbs. 
And along the ditch we passed a mama duck and her baby ducklings. So stinking sweet. Mama D was being very protective, and I don't blame her. Azalea was with us and she is known to try to kidnap small creatures that are irresistibly cute. She doesn't have a lot of success. But she sure tries.
 I could love this over and over again.

While I could mention the actual market. This time was more about the journey than the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment