Saturday, August 14, 2010

Afternoon Delight

It's monsoon season here in Albuquerque. At least that's what everyone keeps telling me. Basically it occasionally rains here in the afternoon. As opposed to never raining ever, I suppose it could be noticable. But not really that much.

About a week ago after the rains I took the dogs over to the fields for a walk in the afternoon/evening. I guess folks around here don't know what to do when it rains, so everyone stayed away. It was kind of nice not seeing anyone else on the usually frequented open space. This was especially nice because I let the dogs off leash, which can be a major faux paus for half the population over there. The other half are advocates for free dogs off leash. Forget about the Democrat/Republican divide the on leash/ off leash controversy is the big debate in the north valley.

I usually, reluctantly, keep the dogs in tow on leash, even though they are very well behaved when given the chance to run free. But with no one around.....



I often feel more free when I see the dogs running free. Especially when there is no worry of others around. But running free with beautiful skys, golden fields and huge sunflowers.
Maybe just showing me what Pancho's dog field in the sky is like.
With of course some good mud to get messy in.

No comments:

Post a Comment