Sunday, April 4, 2010

I drank the Kool-Aid

I really felt like I had become part of the cult for the day. And as much hesitation as I had before we left. I actually really liked it. As in, I'm not afraid to go back again. (Not yet, though.)
Elmer convinced me to go. I didn't want to venture to the LA area and do the Disney thing. But he said the kids really wanted it, and who knows when we'd be back to California. True. 
 
Who knows when we'll be back. But we made it there and were in stunned at what the Land had to offer.
 
It did not make the world feel small though. The world felt very, very large!
 The park really is amazing. (Like I said, I drank the Kool-Aid). I was told that it was a good thing that we were saving Disney for last. For the last of the amusement parks for us to see.
 
And really it is above and beyond what we could have imagined. What the kids could have dreamed of. 
There is such amazing to attention to detail. From inside Mickey's house, to all the rides. Of course the way the kids and I looked at the park was completely different. They saw it as complete fun. Moving along and having fun. 
 Even when we were waiting, there was something different to look at. And even when lines were long, they were always moving to give you the sense that you are getting closer and closer. The park was crowded too. It's not like we were there on a slow day. Not at all!
 But there was always a way to keep moving and keep having fun.
Oh yes, and keep spending money!
 It is a business and the Disney corporation is so well organized, that it is not a mystery that they are as wealthy and popular as they are. 
 
I imagine going through the Disney work force would be great training for any person. Not as a life long career, but as training to see the inner workings of a business world. For better or worse. 
I was amazed at the way the whole organization was run. The business was unbelievable. 
But all in all, it was awesome!
 The kids were happy. 
 Elmer and I were happy.
 And when the time came to leave and we were all so tired. But I still didn't want to leave. 
I drank the Kool-Aid, and I'd do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment